The County Echo is your weekly newspaper for Fishguard, Goodwick, St Davids, Letterston, Dinas, Newport and Cardigan.
It was founded in August 1893, and is owned by Sir Ray Tindle of Tindle Newspapers Ltd, who runs more than 200 weekly newspapers in Britain.
The County Echo's offices are in Parc Y Shwt, Fishguard.
The 16-page tabloid newspaper is published on a Friday and costs 38p.
A new website for the newspaper has recently been set up – www.countyecho.co.uk
And for the first time ever you can now buy an e-edition of The County Echo on-line.
The County Echo looked very different in the 1890s to how it looks today.
The first complete copy available, The County Echo, Fishguard & North Pembs Advertiser, is dated 15 April 1894. Priced one penny, it is kept in the British Museum.
It was a four-page broadsheet in those days, and hailed itself as “Independent – religiously and politically”.
In common with other newspapers of the time, early editions of the County Echo had a front page full of advertising.
“The only newspaper printed in North Pembrokeshire” was – and still is - published from offices in Fishguard, and at the time also operated a printers and stationers.
The first editor and owner was Levi Evans.
Founder and proprietor Mr Evans was born in 1869, a native of Solva. He continued publication of the County Echo until 1926. His sons, Bryn, Llwyd, Austin and Yorrie, then took over the running of the newspaper, with Bryn Evans as editor.
The County Echo celebrated its centenary in 1993 with a bumper edition, including a 44-page souvenir supplement.
The County Echo received a message of support from HRH The Queen on its centenary. The Queen offered her best wishes to the newspaper for its continued success.
The PCC code of practice, along with details of how to complain, is available from Halton House, 20/23 High Holborn, London EC1N 2JD. Website www.pcc.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 020 7831 0022. Helpline: 0845 600 2757.